There is a world-wide shortage of nurses! So if you are a young, qualified nurse, many exciting and interesting career opportunities await you. Below is a list of links to nurse job openings and related information (especially if you want to emmigrate to another country).
Canada is a large and diverse country offering many different types of living styles and nursing careers – from large modern cities to small remote communities in the North. You can choose to work on the Pacific or Atlantic coasts, near the Rocky Mountains or on the prairies.
Nursing in Canada is regulated by the ten provinces and three territories. So the jobs and related information are provided below by jurisdiction.
- Prince Edward Island – a beautiful island on the east coast of Canada (Atlantic ocean)
- Nova Scotia – a province with history on the east coast of Canada (Atlantic ocean)
- Ontario – Canada's most populous province with cities such as Toronto, Ottawa and Kingston (on the Great Lakes)
- Saskatchewan – plains in the south, wooded and lakes in the middle and the north
- Alberta – prairies and the Rocky Mountains with Jasper and Banff National Park; employment information for health professionals interested in working in Alberta
- British Columbia – on the west coast (Pacific ocean) also has mountains and a rugged interior
Nurses considering moving to Canada should check out this Self-Assessment Tool. This online resource is designed to help Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) understand the Canadian licensed practical nursing profession. It provides information about what licensed practical nurses (LPNs) in Canada are expected to know and do. The tool outlines the competencies, skills, and abilities that licensed practical nurses must have to apply for licensure (or registration) in a Canadian province or territory.
NEW ZEALAND AND AUSTRALIA
Here are some websites to find information about current nursing vacanies in New Zealand and Australia.
UNITED KINGDOM (Great Britain)
The following websites list nursing job opportunities in England, Scotland and Wales.
The following websites provide information about American nursing job opportunities.
If you are aware of other nursing employment sites, and would like to see them listed here, please send the web address to the Webmaster (use the Contact Us form).